Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
Recipe | Mint Chocolate Pearls Using Spherification Technique
Mint Chocolate Pearls Using Spherification Technique
Impress your customers or guests with this special exquisite desert prepared using a technique previously only exercised by the worlds most leading molecular chefs. With this recipe you will make delicious mouth watering Mint Chocolate Pearls using the Spherification technique.
We highly recommend you watch the below recipe video which will demonstrate the recipe process from preparation to completion.
- Food Blender
- Molecular Gastronomy Spherification Kit (Available to buy on this web page)
Calcium Lactate Bath Ingredients
- 1 Litre of water
- 20g Special Ingredients Calcium Lactate (Available to buy on this web page)
- 300g Volvic Water (chosen specifically because it is low in calcium)
- 3g Special Ingredients Sodium Alginate (Available to buy on this web page)
- 0.8g Special Ingredients Sodium Citrate (Available to buy on this web page)
- 160g Caster Sugar
- 80g Cocoa Powder
- 3g Special Ingredients Calcium Lactate (Available to buy on this web page)
- (To serve) Special Ingredients Mint Flavour Drop (Available to buy on this web page)
Calcium Bath Preperation
- Blend ingredients well and allow to settle
- This will keep well in the fridge for a week.
Mint Chocolate Pearls Using Sperification Technique
- First you need to make your Calcium Bath to use later in your recipe.
- Blend together the Water, Sodium Alginate and Sodium Citrate.
- Then add the Cocoa Powder and Sugar into the blender and blend well.
- Pass the mixture through a sieve to remove air bubbles.
- Use a syringe or pipette to make caviar spheres by dropping the chocolate mixture into a Calcium Bath.
- Allow the caviar to react for thirty seconds then remove with a slotted spoon and rinse in a bath of fresh water.
- Serve as soon as possible after making.
- We served them with mint oil and a mint leaf.
Equipment And Ingredients
All of our own brand Special Ingredients and equipment for this recipe can be found at the top of this page ready to purchase. Should you require alternate ingredient quantities or alternate equipment options, please use the below links.
|Product Name||Mint Chocolate Pearls Using Spherification Technique|
|Recipe Type||Dessert Recipes|
|Recipe Products||Calcium Lactate, Sodium Alginate, Sodium Citrate|