Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
Recipe | Apple Caviar Pearls Using Special Ingredients Spherificator Bottle
Apple Caviar Pearls Using Spherification Technique
Impress your customers or guests with this special exquisite desert prepared using a technique previously only exercised by the worlds most leading molecular chefs. With this recipe you will make delicious mouth watering Apple Caviar Pearls using the Special Ingredients Spherificator Bottle.
We highly recommend you watch the below recipe video which will demonstrate the recipe process from preparation to completion.
- Food Mixer
- Molecular Gastronomy Spherficator Bottle (Available to buy on this web page)
- Shallow Sieve
Calcium Lactate Bath Ingredients
- 500ml of water
- 5g Special Ingredients Calcium Lactate (Available to buy on this web page)
- 300ml freshly pressed Apple Juice (Use an apple that is not too acidic e.g Braeburn or Cox)
- 4g Special Ingredients Sodium Alginate (Available to buy on this web page)
- 20g Sugar
- 80g Cocoa Powder
- (Optional) Special Ingredients Apple Flavour Drop (Available to buy on this web page)
- Mix together the Sodium Alginate and sugar in a bowl.
- Put the Apple Juice into a mixer and start at the lowest speed, then add the Sodium Alginate mixture very gradually to the Apple Juice. (Try to make sure when adding the Sodium Alginate mixture that you do not add it to the centre of the mixer bowl as it will adhere to the whisk).
- Add the Apple Flavour Drop (optional).
- Continue to whisk slowly for 10 minutes and then allow the mixture to stand for a further 10 minutes. The end mixture should be a thickened syrupy texture and lump free.
- Make the Calcium Lactate bath. Place the water into a container, beaker or measuring jug. Add the Calcium Lactate and stir until dissolved.
- Place the Sodium Alginate and Apple Juice solution into the Spherificator Bottle, hold approximately 15cm above the Calcium Lactate bath and steadily squeeze the Spherificator Bottle to create a steady stream of drops.
- Stir the water very lightly to help to form cylindrical balls. Leave for a minute to allow a skin to form and then gently pour the Caviar Pearls into a shallow sieve and place in a bowl of clean cold water to rinse.
- Remove from the water and drain. The Caviar Pearls are now ready to serve.
Equipment And Ingredients
All of our own brand Special Ingredients and equipment for this recipe can be found at the top of this page ready to purchase. Should you require alternate ingredient quantities or alternate equipment options, please use the below links.
|Product Name||Apple Caviar Pearls Using Special Ingredients Spherificator Bottle|
|Recipe Type||Dessert Recipes|
|Recipe Products||Calcium Lactate, Sodium Alginate|